How to check if the fish you buy is fresh, where to complain if it is stale
Amid reviews of common sale of stale and contaminated fish, the Kerala Foodstuff Basic safety division has encouraged buyers to exercise caution even as it has launched a crackdown on sellers of destructive products.
The following points ought to be borne in thoughts as you get fish upcoming time:
• Check the fish with your finger. Though pressing down the flesh with finger, the finger print should swiftly vanish as flesh bounces again. If it stays, then the fish is not refreshing.
• Clean fish will have apparent, vibrant, shining eyes. They will have bright, metallic skin way too.
• Glance for firmly linked scales. Disjointed ones are located on rotting fish.
• In clean fish the gills are vibrant and crimson. In stale fish it is brown or pale. If there is certainly slime around the gills then it is stale fish.
• Fresh new fish don’t have the standard fishy smell.
Exactly where to complain?
In the party of any adulteration in foods goods like fish, people today can call on the toll-cost-free amount: 1800 425 1125